Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Have a good weekend?



You know how when you walk into the office after the weekend and everyone asks how your weekend was? Today, when my co-workers asked how my weekend (and vacation) was, I got to say, "The massage chairs and appetizers on the flight to LA were awesome, the hotel bed was the most comfortable one I'd ever slept in, shopping was lots of fun, but all those pale in comparison to the VH1 Rock Honors concert." Seriously, it was one of the most amazing shows I've ever been too. I've see The Who perform twice previously - once in the late 90s where I had horrible seats and they weren't so hot. The 2nd time was 2002, just a few days after John Entwistle died, and shortly after I'd discovered I was prone to migraines brought on by loud noises. But this show, on Saturday night, I don't think I've ever seen such an intense, passionate performance by any band, let along two guys i n their 60's who've played these songs thousands of times. All the other performers were excellent, I was truly impressed but The Who stole the show so catch it on VH1 Thursday!
And yeah, I had a good weekend.

No comments: