Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On the 5th day of Christmas.......


my mother gave to me.....FIVE skeins of yarn.....

Posted by Picasa
5 days before Christmas, my mother comes to me with a bag of Lion's Brand & a scarf from Target. I should have run screaming but no, I'm a knitter, I can do ANYthing. Turns out she wanted to buy a matching hat, scarf & gloves for my daughter's best friend in her favorite color blue as a Christmas gift. She finds a scarf and gloves but no hat. But wait, that's not a problem. Her daughter is a knitter, all she needs is some yarn. Now, if this had been a project for anyone other than my daughter's best friend, I would have driven my butt to Target and found a matching hat, scarf & gloves in her favorite color (which happens to be green, not blue - and how do I know that? cuz I'm knitting her some socks, in green!). But my daughter's best friend is part of the family so she gets a hat. First pic is with said scarf. My daughter wants me to add ear flaps but I'm not feeling the flaps so we'll let Shanay decide. Not bad for an improvised design and 4 hours of knitting.

No comments: