Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A sign from God

Blogging continues after a much needed hiatus.
So many projects to talk about....I took the summer off from making Jayne hats and my head exploded with ideas most of which were non-yarn related and, at the moment, top secret.  They do involve sewing and quilting, jewelry making & scrapbooking.  And that sign from God?  First, a little background.  I've been under the weather the last two days, difficulty sleeping and intestinal problems you don't want to hear about.  After a sleepless night, I called in sick to work and went back to bed.  After a couple of hours of sleep, I turn on the TV.  Its become my habit, when home sick, to watch HSN/QVC.  I've got a thing for live TV and CNN is just too depressing when I'm sick.  In the past, sick days have brought me exercise equipment, 14k gold faux diamond earrings, flocked hangers and most recently, the complete Martha Stewart crafting tool set.  So when I turn on HSN, what do I see?  24 hours of C R A F T I N G.  Yes, I heard angels singing because it is truly a sign from God to carry on with all three of my brillant crafting ideas.  So as I sit in my bed, sipping peppermint tea, I plot total dominance of the craft world.  After all, Martha won't live forever :)
And I leave you with my most recent knitting wip - a baby blanket for a co-worker (shhh, it's a surprise).

No comments: