Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'm bbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Back from vacation - and I actually got to spend a whole 20 minutes in a yarn store in Truckee. It had to be 187 degrees outside so we didn't stay anywhere too long - but there happened to be a store across from the restaurant where we had lunch - so natually I had to stop by and look. It's Jimmy Beans Wool and they had a great selection of Noro. I did get two hanks of sock yarn since I'm on a sock binge. It was fun to be in a store and see and touch all the yarns I've been reading about. I live in a big city and there are lots of yarn stores here but parking sucks in this big city so I don't get to visit as often as I like. The saleswoman in the store was great - asking me if I'd ever knit with Lorna's Laces before and when I said "no", she gushed..."you're going to love it" and hugged the hanks to her chest. I thought to myself - "these are my people." Even my son realized I wasn't the only one and the cult of knitting was an ever expanding group. The saleswoman immediately pulled two socks out of her bag to show me the yarn knit up. I swear, if it wasn't hotter than hell that day, I would have stayed in that store for hours. Yah for yarn stores and double yah for saleswoman who rock. Posted by Picasa

No comments: