Sunday, September 23, 2007

Progress Report!




To steal a line from the gods & goddesses at Ravelry - where my stitches at?
I've been knitting away this weekend (including 3 hours Friday night/Saturday morning making a Jayne hat). The T-twist tee is moving slow but it's moving - I think I had to cast on something like 220 stitches and I've knit maybe 40 rows - that's almost 9000 stitches. In comparison, a complete Jayne hat, with ear flaps, takes less than 3000 stitches. Now I remember why I took to those damn hats, they're quick and easy. The first Monkey sock on the left isn't even at the heel yet and I've knit more than 3000 stitches. (not like I'm counting or anything)
The allergy demons have decided to visit me this weekend - and I do thank them for visiting during the rainy weekend, rather than durning the work week. The thing about these demons is that you don't really know they've arrived until they've unpacked and ordered room service - far too late to take any preventative measures. I so enjoy grocery shopping with allergy exhaust running out of my nose (but it does make me shop quicker and not buy stupid shit!)
The absolute best part of this highly productive yet snotty weekend happened at 10:05 this morning. That's when the ticket master demons decided they liked me and I was able to purchase tickets for this. I've been a fan since the first album and although I think what they did to Michael Anthony was very shitty, and even though the ticket prices are disgustging, they're still my favorite band of all time. I prefer the Sammy years - but there was no way in hell I was going to miss seeing Eddie play again - no way. So December 22nd, me, my son and my sister, expect to kick off Christmas week with a bang :)

No comments: