Saturday, January 19, 2008

On the look out for blinking Sidekicks

I read blogs at work all the time (when it's slow :) ) and lots of them are written by working moms who are share my fiber obsession. They are witty, clever and full of wonderful photographs of their latest creations. Me, I'm lucky if I have time to shower each day.

Now that the holidays are over and we've settled into our "normal" routine around here, my days (and nights) have been filled with cleaning, cooking, laundery-ing and my new role as study nazi. Having a child who's a Senior in high school with some questional grades a week before finals has compelled me to take on that role. So said Senior doesn't leave the house except for school until those questionable grades are no longer questionable. Which means I have to actually pay attention to make sure she is actually studying and not just rearranging pics on myspace or texting every one of her 8390 bff's. She did think she was clever enough to fool me by making her phone and computer silent but she doesn't realize my eagle eyes catch the blinking lights of her Sidekick from 50 yards away. Not that this is an excuse for not blogging, or knitting, or bathing.
I have started one new project this week - another pair of Scar socks (the pattern from SockWars) in pink, for my sister's birthday next week. And I'm doing Secret of the Stole ii for which the first clue was released on Friday. I'm fairly confident I can get both done. My son has also asked me to make him a hat so I did hit up Joann's today for the yarn and felt - yes felt - for that.

So I'm going to load up the DVDs and start knitting with one eye on the look out for snoring teenagers and blinking Sidekicks.

No comments: