Sunday, January 27, 2008

soaked socks

Finally, an FO that's not a jayne hat :)
I was knitting up some socks for my sister's birthday. I very much enjoyed the Scar pattern from Sock Wars - who doesn't love a pattern named "scar" especially one with an actually scar look to it? So I was knitting it up in some pink wool that I can't even remember the name of when I discovered a bit ass giant leak in my bedroom. Have I mentioned we've had epic rain this month? In fact, it's rained so much that I actually purchased rubber rain boots. So my sock knitting was derailed while I gathered up my balls of yarn, two by two, and waiting for the ark. Now I gifted my much older-looking younger sister a Wii for Christmas so I was given a pass for a birthday gift this year provided I produced one chocolate mouse pie, some roasted chicken and about a dozen twice-baked potatoes. But I don't like not bearing gifts so I wanted to have the socks. Luckily, I have a plethoa of UFO's, one being a pair of socks that simply needed one more repeat and a toe made from some Lorna's Laces in the Tahoe colorway that I actually purchased on a trip to Lake Tahoe with my oh-so-ancient sibling. So I scurried between the kitchen and the living room - cooking and kitchnering - and finished the 2nd sock minutes before she arrived. Since she's a noob when it comes to knitted items, she had no idea they should have been washed and blocked. :)

I also have a dilema - I L O V E this yarn but can't find a decent pattern that'll show off it's lucious colors. Any suggestions?

No comments: