Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why I Love San Francisco




This was my view today during lunch. I was taking a web class in the Financial District. Kitty-corner from the building I was in, was the Church of Scientology. Truly depressed that they didn't rush out to convert me (I must not look rich enough), I crossed the street and landed in front of the Alioto law offices. Joe Alioto was one of this city's great mayors from a storied San Francisco family. After grabbing a sandwich, I wanted to take a up-close pic of TransAmerica pyramid with my cool new phone so I walked up another block and discovered a small garden. Beautifully manicured, with wooden benches scattered around a whimsical water fountain, this spot sat at the base of the pyramid. Once inside, it would be hard to imagine you're actually in the middle of a major metropolitan city - well, except for the huge pyramid jetting up through the foliage. This is why I love San Francisco.

and now for some knitting content - check out the frog:

No comments: