Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 1......

and so it begins, first day of the rest of my life.  Corny, no?  But it's true for all of us.  For me, today marks the day I dive head-first into being diabetic. I'll be re-defining my routines and thus, re-defining my life.  45 minutes of cardio a day, every day.  Carb couting = thoughtful eating.  And, maybe, in the process, become the person I know I can be.  Lofty goals, but attainable Wish me luck.
Day 1 started with a three-hour nutrition class.  Before which, I made a quick stop at Starbucks for an earl grey latte.  Durning class, I discovered that my latte was at least 3 servings of carbs - roughly the equalivant of the big ass slice of mushroom/sausage pizza I ate last nite.
Of course, since I didn't have a proper breakfast I was starving when I got home so I had a carb-friendly breakfast sandwich of egg white, cheese, Canadian bacon on an Orowheat Thin.  That paired with some raw fruit or veg = healthy, filling meal.  Yay me!
Now it's baseball time - about to watch my gmen kick some  froger ass. (while I clean)

No comments: