Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Knitting Circle

I need to add a WIP section to this blog but I'm a tad too lazy tonight to do it. But I do have a WIP or two to share. The first is a purse I'm knitting out of cotton - yep, cotton. It's unique to say the least and I'm quite excited as it's a purse I've designed myself. If all goes well, I should be able to post a WIP pic soon.
My second WIP is this:

I usually carry a small book to read during my short commute - I rarely have to wait more than 5 minutes for a train and it's only about 10 minutes while on the train. I had been reading the Yarn Harlot's first book which is perfect to read in short 15 minute bursts. As I had finished the last story this morning, the hunt was on for a new commute book. Luckily durning the 10 minute walk to the BART train, I pass two bookstores, one of which is Stacey's (one of the best bookstores on the planet). I wander in and immediately realize that since this is a "real" bookstore, my hope of finding a lightweight paperback book to quench my desire where dashed. I wandered through the new fiction section, the true crime section (one of my guilty pleasures), even up to the magazines hoping I could find something enticing. Just as I was about to settle for a new Amy Tan book (settle? aren't I the snob) I spotting this book at the aisle endcap. OK, it wasn't paperback but it wasn't too big and bulky. I took it as a sign from the knitting gods that I should purchase said book.
I actually read through the first two chapters on the ride home and I'm anxious to get to it right now but I'll resist. When I truly love a book, I tend to read it in one sitting and I've got knitting to do.

No comments: