Saturday, February 03, 2007

I'm B A A A A CK

Finally, my internet works. ATT/SBC/Yahoo! really did a number on me. First they suspended my account for non-payment when my account was current. They did this with no warning - no chance for me to call up and say "double check your records because I did pay you, on time, in full." After thinking it was my modem for weeks and dreading calling tech support because they treat you like you're a moron and it takes forever, I finally called only to be told my account was suspended for non-payment. After I talk to them for at least 30 mintues, they discover that I was indeed correct. They'd cancelled my email account that I used for business purposes - the ones I used on all my job hunts. The one that actually uses my R E A L name. But it wasn't the one I used every day so I could still get my email, manage my websites, etc. So then I'm told I'll be reconnected in 1/22. 1/22 and I still have no connection. I actually gotten used to running up 3 flights of stairs to use my son's computer to read email or printing shipping labels at work. So this morning, I unplug every freaking cord to my computer and modem and phone. I meticulously plug everything back in. You guessed it, no internet. I make the dreaded phone call to tech support to discover that my yahooID had been deleted. Yet, I'm able to access that ID and the associated emails. So we had to go step by step and re-register my email and ID. Naturally it wouldn't let me use either of the two that they'd suspended. Plus, it's really slow. I don't remember it being this slow.
So, my plan is to steal my son's Wii and see if his wireless network will work all the way down here. If so, after I gather up all my email address and consolidate it all into one freaking address, I'll be cancelling ATT/Yahoo/SBC and saving myself about 80 bucks a month. I'm gonna cancel my land line too - the only reason I had it was to have proof that I lived in the city for my daughter's school registration. Nothing else is in my name. But she's a Junior now so it's time for the land line to go buh bye. I shouldnt' be paying 45 for cable for my son, 80 for my phone and internet and 150 for cell phones - that's way way too much.
Must surf now - need more knitting patterns - :)

No comments: