Thursday, February 21, 2008

Enough already


I've had the flu for 14 freaking days now. That's two weeks of aching muscles, three-hundred and thirty-six hours of fevers and coughs, twenty-thousand, one-hundred and sixteen minutes of being surrounded by water bottles and kleenex boxes, and one million, two hundred and nine thousand, six hundred seconds of just plain miserable bitchiness. ENOUGH already. I don't want to to be sick. I don't want my skull to feel like the inside of a felted purse. I don't want to sweat through all my clothes on the 6 block walk from BART to my office. I don't want my nostrils to show off a fire-y shade of red previously unseen on the human anatomy. I don't want to hack up a lung everytime someone says something funny and I'm forced into a coughing spell worthy of a 6pk a day smoker. I don't want my ribcage to ache like I just boxed 12 rounds with Tyson. I don't want to be winded everytime I haul my petite ass out of bed to grab another box of kleenex. No mas.

While I'm at it, I could do without the rain, rain, rain and more rain.

I want to see the sun shinning outside my window, hear the birds chirping and see humans dressed in something other than rubber. I want to smell the charred flesh of some animal bathed in bbq sauce and see big juicy red and green half-moons of melon and watch the condensation form on a clear glass of sweet tea. I want to see 6' tall sunflowers in my backyard and drive a car with the top down all through the city. I also want to win the lotto, quit my job and spend the rest of my days knitting. But I settle for just the lotto. :)

Hurry up summer!

No comments: