Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tempis Fugit



I think that's how you spell it - time flys. On my downtime at work I was looking at grad announcements to order for my daughter - my baby girl - who at this time next year will be a college freshman. I'm so not the emotional type - I didn't even cry when I saw E.T. - but for some reason this graduation is getting to me. Perhaps because she's struggling to make it (through every fault of her own I might add), or maybe because my son did the G.E.D. thing and didn't have a high school graduation. But probably because it's times like this that I miss my dad - and my cousin Deb, who was my daughter's godmother. I even miss my former mil who passed this winter. It breaks my heart that my daughter never got to know her grandfather - who would have spoiled her rotten and whom she would have adored endlessly. So this Easter weekend, while I'm running around, I'm going to make a stop at the cemetary, to visit my dad's grave, and bring him a picture of the granddaughter he never got to met, in her cap & gown.



No comments: