Saturday, March 01, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

The rain's have subsided - thank god - and I do see blue in the sky. This can only mean one thing - spring cleaning! I normally resist any urge to clean but it's been overwhelming this year. I feel like a bear just waking up from an extra long hibernation. So, today, after I do all those pesky weekend errands - and a little shopping - and maybe eat lunch - I'm going work on some spring cleaning - including - wait for it - the stash. I did a M A J O R stash reduction at the beginning of winter - with two hefty bags - the kind they stuff a piano into on tv - full of yarn. Okay, most of it was crappy acrylic that I bought eons ago and some of it was actually neon green faux fur - but it's all gone - donated to charity with a ton of old clothes.

So, I'll be organizing said stash this evening - and either frogging or finishing a lot of WIPs.

Wish me luck.


I'm also thinking about doing a major house spring cleaning. My demon spawn graduates,
we think, in June and I'm determined to throw a major party. My initial plan was to have it at her dad's club but I'm thinking of having it here. It would be tons more work for moi but I'd save $$ and we haven't had a major major fiesta here in a long long time. I do think we have to paint the LR though - and put new tile down in the sunroom - and have a gardner fix the yard. So maybe the club ain't such a bad idea! I've got 3 months - plenty of time to clean or trash the idea.


No comments: