Monday, August 04, 2008

49 is the new fearless


In honor of the beginning of the last year of my first half-century on the planet, I've adopted a buzz word - fearless.
What would you do if you had no fear?
Sometimes fear is good - like when you're two years old and you stick a wet finger into a electrical socket and you get a whap - either from the current or from your mother. The fear of repeating that keeps the two-year-old you from frying your brains out. It keeps the 49-year-old-me from walking in traffic, eating habaneros or wearing a bathing suit to work. However, it shouldn't keep me from driving on freeways, trying new foods or wearing that same suit to the gym - so this year is the year of fearlessness. Because if I had no fear, I'd drive the freeways, travel the world - some of it alone, find a way to open up my dream craft store, go back to college to get my masters & teaching credential, encourage my demon spawn to move out, live alone, lose weight, go to the dentist every 6 months, cut my hair short, and eat alone at a restaurant.
Happy birthday to me :)

No comments: