Sunday, October 12, 2008

O U C H

The fence is done and looks great.
Can't say the same for my left leg. Took one for the team when I tried to climb a rock wall to reach the top of the fence. My foot went through the top of an almost empty 5-gal paint can. I did stay on my feet though, took a shower in waterproofing tint, and did something nasty to my left arm but I guess it could have way worse. It didn't even hurt much when it happened - just felt like a scratch. Of course when my daughter's friend walked over and asked if my leg was bleeding, and I looked down and saw little rivers of blood - then I thought it might start hurting soon. So I put down the paintbrush, hauled my ass off to the shower and cleaned it up. While in the shower scrubbing away the tint and paint, I knew then, this was going to hurt. I was right. Out of the shower, it bled through two sets of bandages and throbbed like a mo-fo.
Once I was all nice and clean and not dripping blood, I thought it was the perfect time to work on Susie. Wrong, I notice a major mistake on the cable and attempt to fix it. I won't bore you with details, but several f-words were used, the most significant one being F R O G.
So back to square one - casting on hundreds and hundreds of stitches. Such is life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: