Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bad Blogger

I've been neglectful of late....so sorry my poor little innocent blog. Truth be told, I've found something more entertaining. I've taken advantage of my 25lb lighter frame and have discovered the great outdoors....well, as much of the great outdoors that one can discover without a car living in a major metopolitian area. I've been spending time with one of my best friends from 1st grade through high school - we've been going to WW together and some shopping and eating out and even some sewing. I've spent so much of the last few years working or with my kids that I forgot how much fun it is to be with a non-relative my own age. And I've been taking walks durning my lunch hour - this city is an amazing place. We took in a Giants game on Sunday - . Took in a movie on Friday - TMNT - it kicked ass. I haven't accomplished much in the way of knitting but I'll be doing some of that tonite. I've also been posting a lot on the ww boards and ready other ww related websites - lots of good info out there in cyber space.

I do have plans to knit two more Noni bags - the big adventure bag for moi and one of the other bags for my aunt who's got a major birthday this year and who's been hinting around for a bag. My goal - as always - is to get some of my purses written into real useable patterns and get a stash made for me to sell online and in local stores - so it's gonna be a knitty gritty summer.

I almost forgot - I participated in Lime & Violet's Yarn P0rn secret pal swap - it's been so much fun. The big reveal/end date is the 15th. I've sent off my package and I've emailed and sent/received cards to my swapper and swapee. It was a lot of fun getting to know my partners and gathering goodies. There's another event on the L&V boards that I would love to particpate in but it's full - it's a scarf event where you knit a few inches on a scarf - sent it off to the next on the list - rinse - repeat - at the end of the event you've got a scarf of many colors, textures and stitches. I love the idea but I discovered it after it was full.
I almost forgot this too - I've finally cast on and knit a chunk of my first sock - I got some amazing sock yarn and pattern from Jimmy Beans Wool and I've knit about 2/3 of the first sock - but, I'm not loving it so I may frog it and start over. The yarn's pooling in a manner I'm not thrilled with and the stitches are too loose.

No comments: