Sunday, April 29, 2007

Servium


Busy, busy weekend! ok, so the pic was from 3 weekend's ago but still.

After some semi-marathon shopping resulting in a new microwave, a new Giants T-shirt, and a boatload of groceries, some semi-kitchen cleaning to make room for the new microwave (and all my other QVC toys purchased in the last 2 weeks), I'm freaking exhausted. I was sound asleep by 10:30 on Friday and sound asleep by 11:00 on Saturday. It only means one thing - I'm turning into an old lady. Now my daughter thinks knitting is an "old lady" hobby - at least she did until one of her tutors at school broke out her sticks. Knitting aside, I'm going to an alumni luncheon today for my high school. This year we'll be having our 30th reunion (which is a miricle in itself since I can't possibly be over 29). I went to this luncheon a few years ago - our table was the youngest in the room and we were all mid-40's. But, it's still fun - there was something unique about us Ursuline girls. We were taught all the basics but we were also taught that we could do anything. I remember wanting so bad to take a sewing class because I love sewing but our prinipal wouldn't let me - I had to take college classes. This is the same woman, who when I told her I thought I might want to be a nun, said no. LOL I know now that I didn't have a vocation for that, I just wanted security - nuns didn't have to worry about boys or money or real life. At least that's what I thought at the time. In the little bit of planning I've done for this reunion, I realize now how special our education was. For the most part we were a sisterhood. And even though our school closed down 15 years ago, the alumni still get together each year and celebrate the Ursuline tradition.

In knitting news - I worked tons on my newest purse design - I hope to have pics any day now and then work on the pattern! My next design is burning a hole in my little head so I'm anxious to get that one going soon - that may have to be my fall design as the one I'm currently working on is now looking like a summer design. One purse every season seems like a reasonable goal?

No comments: