Friday, September 19, 2008

DOA

Apparently my death dishcloths and my target's death dishcloths waved to each other yesterday as my death came mid-afternoon when a pair of lovely purple & white Diamond Lattice cloths were delivered. My assassian CPTwinkletoes did a fine job (it was my favorite pattern to knit - quick and easy). While I swore I didn't want to do any zombie knitting, I couldnt' resist hitting that button so we'll see if I get a new target. Zombie knitting is head-to-head so it'll be more of a race.
Meanwhile, I've still got to swatch the Susie hoodie cables, MS4 (which totally frustrates me), and finish up my Smackdown Beginner socks. None of those can be knit in transit - I have a hard enough time keeping track of patterns while sitting on my bed watching tv, let along in a stinky BART car.
I seriously need a real vacation - one without blood relatives or well-intending friends and/or co-workers - 4 days would do it - I'd even do LA - but I'd prefer NYC - a nice hotel with 24/7 room service, free internet for my laptop, and one of those Duane somebody drug stores close by. And a bath tub, a HUGE bathtub - even better if the tv can be seen from the bathtub. And bonus points for a mini-bar. Not much to ask, right?
Total tangent - but I've been listening to Rascal Flatts lately and they don't suck. On iTunes, I found a live version of them doing some Boston - and it was quite entertaining - perfect to listen to at work. If I'm turn into a country fan, then hell has frozen over, but I do like the clever lyrics and catch phrases. C'mon - let my heart rest in pieces? Classic. It's my new favorite song. Cheesy country-rock, best work music ever.
Happy Friday

No comments: