Friday, August 10, 2007

Stash Reduction Weekend


I've finally come to the conclusion that the massive amounts of yarn in plastic tubs in my bedroom are offically annoying me. I've also come to the conclusion that I will never, ever knit anything with the shitload of acrylic that I currently own. Since most of it was purchased decades ago, I would have no problem with tossing it. But since I'm a fan of Al Gore and try to be green I'm hesitant to add it to some landfill. I'm thinking I'll take it to Goodwill? Do they even take yarn? So tomorrow, instead of Angel Island picnic day, it'll be stash reduction day. Anything that doesn't have a purpose or potential purpose is going into a giant bag and sent to the garage until I find out if Goodwill takes yarn.

Then Sunday's gonna be organize day - I'm breaking out the Christmas list and starting now - because with less than 2 weeks of summer vacation, it'll be the holidays before you know it.

I've already got a pretty good idea of what I'll be knitting, and what I'll be sewing for holiday gifts, and even have most of the materials. It may also be time for a S E R I O U S yarn diet.

2008 is going to be an expensive year - high school graduation and the bigass party I'm going to throw for the graduate is going to take some fiscal planning. Not to mention the laptop someone was promised if she makes honor roll - or college tuition that'll be due next summer. But it'll be worth it!! Time to get organized - pics of progress manana.

And - GO B A R R Y!!

No comments: