Saturday, August 04, 2007

Tragedy......and a Trifecta

Just back from my Tahoe vacation - to my utter dismay the Jimmy Beans Wool store in Truckee is now closed. I was heartbroken that I would not be able to visit the store again (although my credit card was happy). To cheer me up, my daughter & my niece took the most recent scarfette from Lime & Violet's Scarf Circle III out for some sightseeing at Emerald Bay.
I did finally get to visit a Wal-Mart on the way up and on the way back. You see, the company I work for does some in-store advertising at Wal-Mart and since I don't own a working vehicle and there are no Wal-Marts nearby, I've never been in one. So I've never seen "my work" in action. So today, I got to visit the Wal-Mart supercenter in Dixon where outside the store it was a whopping 108 degrees. Inside the store, it was cool and crisp and I was able to see my work in action. And, of course, buy some yarn. Just a little cotton for some holiday washclothes, but yarn nonetheless.
In other non-knitting news, we did get home in time to watch Barry tie Hank Aaron's home run records. It was a classic Barry homerun - no doubts from the second the ball hit the bat - and watching him bear hug his son at homeplate was priceless. I almost bought tickets early in the season for Monday's home game - Irish night - but since it was my first day back at work from vacation, thought I'd be too tired - now I wished I'd gotten them because I'd love to be there when he breaks the record. Go Barry.
In addition non-knitting news, since today is my 29th birthday (again), along with a 6 hour drive from Tahoe to SF, I got some stellar birthday gifts - the best of which are a Darth Vader light saber and the UPSP Star Wars commerative stamp set. We won't mention some of the other gifts - like the Menopause For Dummies book - which my sister will pay dearly for when her big day arrives - but all in all, it was a good day. A trifecta of historical goodness - the anniversay of my birth, Barry hitting # 755, and my first trip to a Wal-Mart Supercenter. What more can a girl ask for?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: