Monday, June 05, 2006

100 Things

I learned how to knit from my 5th grade teacher Mrs. Caster.
My first FO was a square.
My 2nd was a purple and pink stuffed alligator.
When I was younger I wanted to be a nun.
I also always wanted to be a teacher when I grew up.
I worked in TV news for 14 years.
I work in advertising now.
I don’t like advertising.
I once wrote a column for a political website.
I love to cook but I suck at making gravy.
I once was offered a place at the California Culinary Academy.
My father told me I should be a cop.
I spent my 16th birthday at Candlestick Park watching my cousin play baseball for the Giants.
I went to more than 60 home games that year.
I went to school with Juan Marichal’s daughters
I was Yearbook Photographer in high school.
I went to the same college my mother & sister went to (except I graduated).
I have a degree in Developmental Psychology.
I have a degree in Sociology too.
I’m allergic to Chocolate, but I eat it anyway.
I’m allergic to seafood too, so I don’t eat it.
My favorite seafood is abalone.
The summer camp my parents sent me to was run by Ursuline nuns.
I went to Catholic school for 12 years.
I have a tattoo on my right shoulder of a heart with wings.
I’m thinking of getting another one, something celtic to remember my dad and cousin by.
My son calls my tattoo my “mid-life crisis”.
I’m a frustrated rock-n-roll singer (i.e. I can’t carry a tune).
I was on the honor roll every semester in high school.
I ran for office my senior year of high school.
I won.
No one ran against me.
I graduated college with honors.
I worked in the office of a construction company after college.
I have a small mole under my left nostril that has, on occasion, been mistaken for something else.
I’m thinking of having it removed.
I get ocular migraines.
I’m allergic to fluorescent lighting.
My mom owns a bar.
I play video games ( currently WoW, formerly SWG).
I own a Cher CD.
I was married for 18 years.
I get alone with my ex-in-laws now better than when I was married.
I have an uncle named Bumpsy.
My aunt died and her kids never told us.
My sister and I used to play Mass and make faux communion wafers in our Easy Bake oven.
I once dressed up like a nun for Halloween, when I was pregnant.
My cousin and I pushed a counselor into a locker at summer camp
That counselor became a nun
She was the 8th grade teacher for both of my children.
Nuns have good memories.
I keep score when I go to a baseball game.
I hate the DH rule in the American League.
I love Barry Bonds.
I sew.
I made the flower girl dresses for my wedding.
I made my daughter’s baptismal gown with lace from Ireland.
I crochet.
I crocheted baby blankets for both my children, both rainbow colored.
I hate to clean.
I’m a perfectionist.
I’m also a control freak.
I used to hate rap music but now it’s grown on me.
I discovered the Ben & Jerry’s Black and Tan ice cream is the only ice cream on the planet that I won’t eat.
I ate ice cream every day I was pregnant.
I once made my husband at the time, drive to Santa Cruz to buy me carmel apples when I was pregnant.
I make the best fried chicken in the universe.
I’m a browncoat.
My ancestors arrived on the Mayflower.
My dream job would be any job at Lucas Arts in the Presidio.
I got carded buying cigarettes when I was in my mid-40’s.
I once grew 7’ tall sunflowers in my backyard.
I’ve also grown tomatoes, squash, peppers and radishes.
My favorite flowers are tulips.
My favorite color is purple.
I’m allergic to wool.
I gave birth to my 11 ½ lb son without any painkillers.
I’ve never been outside the US.
I wish I knew how to play the guitar.
I’m dangerously addicted to reality TV.
My favorite reality show is CBS’s Big Brother.
In the past, I’ve subscribed to the live feeds online for Big Brother.
The only class in High School I had problems with was Spanish.
I can, however, swear in Spanish, French, Arabic & Celtic.
My credit rating sucks but I’m working on it.
I took ballet as a child.
I also took Irish dancing.
and clarinet lessons.
I coached my daughter’s volleyball team.
I own my own bowling ball and two league bowling shirts.
My dream is to open a yarn store and design purse patterns.
I’ll never get married again.
I feel guilty for not going to mass every week.
Elevators make me anxious.
Flying makes me anxious.
I have an unnatural fear of driving on the freeway but only if I’m driving.
I love watching cooking shows especially old Juila Child and Jaques Pepin shows on PBS.
I don’t like Emeril.
I wish Van Halen would stop breaking up.
I’ve got lotto tickets in my purse for the next 5 drawings.

No comments: