Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's Official!


It's official, I'm addicted to knitting. Today at work, we had one of those hastily pulled togther meetings to discuss "rumors". Anyone who's worked at a sizeable company knows those meeting often lead to layoffs. Having survived rounds and rounds and rounds of layoffs at my last company, I'm fairly certain it won't be the case here - seems they're just being proactive. But, standing there listening to the rumor control, the thought crossed my mind that this could be the beginning of rounds of layoffs. Previously I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown at the thought of being laid off (single mom, 2 kids - scary thought). This time, the very first thought in my head was "I wonder if they're going to offer some kind of early servance package if anyone wants to quit and if they do will it be enough cash to open a lys?". This was immediatley followed by thoughts of "I can finally finish that purse I'm trying to design" and then "Maybe I should go by NoeKnits tonite and get some yarn to cast on for Clapitos or, better yet, that coat from Big Girls Knits." I'm toast, I'm done, I'm obsessed.

No comments: