Tuesday, June 13, 2006

SUNSCREEN IS NOT OPTIONAL


OK, this is what happens when you don't wear sunscreen to the Giants game. Today is Tuesday - game was a week ago Wednesday and this hurts like a mofo. Pardon the cleve pics but they do illustrate what happens when you don't use sunscreen.
The really stupid (on my part) part of this is before I left for work, I asked my daughter if she had sunscreen. She didn't so I made sure I grabbed a hat to cover up with. I even worn long sleeves. Someone at the game even offered me some sunscreen but since my face and arms were covered, I assumed all was ok. NOT - I am not a wimp when it comes to pain - I've had 12 lb kids and root canals without pain killers - yet this sunburn has me whining like a little girl because it hurts so bad. Never again will I leave the house without sunscreen - I have learned my lesson - now can my peeling, oozing skin go back to normal? please? I promise I'll be good oh mighty sun gods.

No comments: