Monday, May 21, 2007

da dadada da da

Why do they call it Pomp & Circumstance? Are they words to the familar da dadada da daa that we all hear when doning a cap & gown?
Methinks I had too much free time....but I've been overwhelmed by graduations this spring. My niece is graduating high school next week - the first out of the grandkids to graduate (thanks for that GED son!). My cousin's oldest daughter graduated from hs this past weekend - she'll be going to SFSU where both her parents and grandparents meet. It's also where I went - her aunt and I got our diplomas there together some 25 or so years ago. My daughter's cousins on her dad's side are also graduating - two from elementry school, one from high school. Then my son's best friend's little sister is graduating in June from the same elementary school me and my kids went to. We're also invited to a college graduation party for one of my son's classmates from that same grammar school (again, thanks for the freakin' GED son). That's a grand total of 7 graduations - and that does not include the one's at my daughter's HS where she's got lots of friends moving on.
Got me to thinking - since I'll only be the parent at a HS graduation once - I need to make it a good one - so I'm planning my daughter's graduation party now - and you're A L L invited. but I guess she needs to get past her SATs on the 2nd.
I'm not going any graduation knitting but I will be doing some graduation sewing - details of which will be shared when all the events are over - don't want to spoil any surprises!

No comments: